Sunday, December 9, 2018

More Fun with Grand-kids!

Chelsea and Thomas decided to go to Paris to visit the Johnson Family, October 4-11, 2018.  Bob and I got to play "mom and dad" to Knox and Holly for the week.  The Bosens came to our home on the 2nd to help us all prepare for the big adventure.  It was a fun and exhausting week for grandma, who doesn't seem to realize that kids need a little more sleep than she demanded.  One thing is for sure, I didn't give much thought to taking photos, although I managed a few.  One of the highlights of the week was going to the Children's museum in The Woodlands where Knox and Holly would have lived for the week had it been possible.



It wasn't long before I was off again to help watch Stephanie's kids in Paris.  She and Ben had scheduled a trip to Morocco and asked me to babysit for them.  I flew to Paris on November 7, but unfortunately, Stephanie fractured her ankle playing volleyball a few days before my arrival.  Their trip was rescheduled for spring, but it was a good thing I was there anyway.  Poor Stephanie needed help!  Four kids and three levels to their home made life difficult to endure with a boot and crutches!  Their cute little town was brightly colored in fall foliage.  I thought the vines climbing the wall of one building looked like a painted mural!


Ben took me and the big kids to the Aquarium one day.  Emma, Paige and Bennett had a blast trying to build up the courage to put their fingers into the open mouths of the Koi fish!


Being there gave me the opportunity to spend time with each of the kids at school.  Stephanie scheduled opportunities for me to read a book to Paige's class, bake zucchini bread with Bennett's class, and facilitate Emma's humanitarian aid interview.  Emma has been making blankets to donate to refugees and has caught the attention of many - including BYU!


Stephanie and I had lots of one-on-one time with Tanner.  We took him to gymnastics to the duck pond, and Lafayette World War I memorial.


 We took Emma out of school for lunch and went to her favorite creperie in town.


To celebrate our "Halloween" birthdays, which are one day apart, Paige and I ditched school and went to a fun amusement park in Paris for the day.


 At home, Stephanie engaged us in some oil painting practice.  We devoured baguettes, pastries and even found my favorite Belgium meringue balls to enjoy!


What a fun time in Paris, despite the challenge of Stephanie's mobility issues!  I'll be back to let Stephanie and Ben go have some fun . .. but for now it was my turn.  On November 17, I few to Venice where I would meet Bob - who had been spending the week in Dubai on business.  We were going to "relax" and enjoy a Thanksgiving Greek Isle Cruise together, and boy was I ready!







No comments:

Post a Comment