Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dusseldorf, Germany

Dusseldorf was our destination the evening of Wednesday, October 16th until Friday evening.  Our hotel was close to the convention center where Bob would attend a trade show, but not in a tourist-friendly area.  Thursday was wet and rainy, so I spent the day catching up on email and preparing a lesson for the Sunday of our return home.  That evening, I was invited to join his associates on a Rhine River Dinner Cruise.  There wasn't much to see in the dark, and the few pictures I took were poor in quality, but it was a nice way to spend the evening.



Friday was a beautiful sunny day, so Bob took me to the tourist section of town to explore before going to his meetings.  Dusseldorf has a glamorous upscale shopping district called Konigsallee, which they compare to Paris' Champs-Elysees.  With a nice landscaped canal running down the center and luxury store fronts on both sides, it is a nice place to window shop.  I love the colors and shapes of the beautiful churches nearby.


A short walk toward the Rhine River took me to The Alstadt, or old town area.  From here I was able to get a better look at Dusseldorf than we had been able to discern from the previous night's river cruise.  I really do love the streets lined with such cozy colorful buildings!


While I probably wouldn't recommend Dusseldorf as one of Germany's "must-see" tourist destinations, I did enjoy our visit there.









No comments:

Post a Comment