Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Flowers and Food

Spring is such a happy time in Seoul!  What fun it is to see colorful new life everywhere after a gray and dreary winter.  A recent walk along the Namsan mountain trails revealed how beautiful and colorful this city really is!  (Unfortunately, although my photos are saved correctly on my PC from my phone, they are not uploading here correctly.  You'll have to use your imagination a bit to correctly orient your view.)


The street food vendors in Myeongdong come out in full force each weekend of spring.  I noticed several "new" offerings this year:  colorful chocolate covered strawberries, fried dumplings, japchae (stir-fried noodles with vegetables), jajangmeon (black bean sauce over noodles), cream-filled waffles, meatballs, crepes with Nutella, cream puff-type rolls, Indian-style ice cream, filled churros, stuffed pancake roll-ups, seafood skewers, and "J-shaped" cones filled with soft-serve ice cream.  And I had to include a photo of one new store front in honor of my son-in-law, Ben!


And here are some of the old familiar offerings.  Believe it or not, all the food photos (except the one with Bob) on this post were taken on the same day as I walked down just two streets.  The market really comes to life each spring with throngs of people meandering the narrow streets and sampling the large variety of street foods.  If you can handle the crowds, it really is a fun experience!


  I love springtime in Seoul!







No comments:

Post a Comment