Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Trip to Texas - Dallas

With our February 2016 Asian cruise behind us, I began to feel anxious to visit our youngest grandbaby, Knox, who would soon be 9 months old.  We hadn't been able to spend time with Chelsea and Thomas since he was born last June.  So when Bob announced that he needed to go to Texas for business on March 21, I was thrilled!  Using airline points, Bob secured a great deal for me to fly business class - one of God's tender mercies!  The week before flying my rheumatoid arthritis flared up and my right knee became quite swollen and sore.  A cortisone shot and rest from tennis were required, but somehow everything worked well together to provide a wonderful trip back to our Texas "home".

We flew into Dallas and stayed 3 nights at the awesome Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine where Bob's business would take place.  Oh, how beautiful and big everything is in Texas.  I love the classy rustic style of Texas architecture and the wide open  spaces!  I didn't realize just how much I missed it until I was there.  The large atrium featured small versions of many famous Texas landmarks including the Alamo and the San Antonio Riverwalk.  There were some elaborate model train displays and the breakfast buffets were to die for.  I feasted on all the varieties of fresh and flavorful fruits, but especially the fresh giant Texas blueberries, blackberries and raspberries!  (I will admit, however, that Korea's strawberries are still the best!)  Wow, I miss the variety of produce and those sweet blueberry u-pick farms in Conroe!



Of course, shopping was plentiful in the area, but the best adventure was driving over to our old home and neighborhood in Flower Mound.  I was amazed at the size of the trees in "our" front yard.  When we bought this home in 1992, it was in a new neighborhood with small trees.  We had a great backyard and have fond memories of building our own vegetable garden, a basketball court, our outdoor play-set with zipline, the pull-up bars, a putting hole and our swimming pool there.  As I take a short trip down memory lane, I'm posting a few photos of our family's evolution during our time in Flower Mound.. (Love the 90's - even the hair is big in Texas.)  We loved our time in Dallas!  It was hard to leave this home and move back to Oklahoma, June of 1999.  Things have changed so much in the area, and I really did not recognize our old stomping grounds.  We stopped in to visit with our neighbors, the Grants, and had so much fun catching up with them that I didn't even take a photo!

Flower Mound Home, 2016 (Our home November 1992 - June 1999)
Bartlesville, Martin Manor Home, Sold in 1992
Michael was born, February 1993
Mother's Day 1994
Easter 1995
Pool Under Construction 1996
Backyard Fun 1997
Goodman Family in the Texas Bluebonnets 1998

Bartlesville, Montrose Drive Home, June 1999 - August 2002
The next day, Thursday, March 24, 2016, Bob and I drove to San Antonio.  We would spend the weekend there and enjoy a little time with Chelsea, Thomas and Knox; as well as Stephanie, Ben, Emma, Paige, and Bennett, who were seeking a week's refuge from winter in Wyoming during their school spring break.  The following post will capture all the family fun!  








No comments:

Post a Comment